Fleas are extremely difficult pests to kill and will live in most areas of your home, including carpets, floor rugs, tiles and even slots between wood flooring. Not only do they live in open spaces, but they also like to get comfortable in your clothes or in your pet's belongings like their beds or pillows. Another complication is that one female can lay 5000 or more eggs over their lifetime, allowing for phenomenal growth rates. This makes it extremely important to control not just the adults, but all four stages of an infestation. MAYCO Pest & Termite Control uses high quality products that impact fleas in all stages once they hatch rather than just the adults. We apply growth regulators to keep pre-adult fleas from maturing and breeding even more within your home. The products we provide in your home can control fleas for several months. As we partner together, the process becomes easier to rid your home of these unwanted guests.
Ticks are small and part of the arachnid family. They are known to spread several types of diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Colorado tick fever, and many others. They spread these diseases because of their parasitic nature feeding on both human and animal hosts. A tick’s natural habitat is outside in warm, humid climates. However, they can get inside the home by hitchhiking on pets, people, or their clothing. Once inside, they can hide in fabric, cracks, crevices, or on their new host. If you think you have a tick infestation, call Mayco Pest & Termite Control today to get it taken care of. We will treat both inside your home and your yard with products designed to kill ticks in all their life phases to keep you free from this disease-spreading pest.
Treating for fleas and ticks is a simple process but it requires your assistance in a few areas before service:
- Infested areas must be cleared (including under beds and other various furniture).
- Mow the yard BEFORE treatment as the outside will need to be treated as well.
- Pets must be treated for fleas or ticks and kept away during house and outdoor treatment (it is advised to kennel your pet for the day or leave them with a friend or family member).
- Prepare to leave your home or residence for 3-4 hours while treatment sets in and is allowed to dry.
- Show us where your pets rest or where the infestation is the worst to most effectively treat the problem.
- Vacuum all rugs and mop all floors – seal and dispose of the vacuum bag outside – this is a very important step that way the fleas and ticks don't hide in there during treatment.
After the service is completed it is important to follow these steps:
- Give the treatment time to set in– it is common to see fleas up to 3 weeks after service as the eggs hatch and emerge from their protective cocoons.
- Vaccuum all floors daily to stimulate the hatching of the eggs so they become exposed to insecticide.
- Fleas and ticks exposed to the insecticide may still bite while the product is affecting them... The insecticide is still working.
- A follow up treatment will be needed in 10-14 days to ensure there is not even one flea or tick left behind.
Our trained technicians will protect your home and family against pests.
Technicians are available to service your home quickly.
We have years of experience treating pests and termites.
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
We'll do whatever it takes to solve your pest problems, including call-back services at no cost until pests are gone.