Full-Service Pest Control In Aubrey, TX
Nestled in the heart of Texas approximately an hour outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the small city of Aubrey is regarded as a lovely place to live. Given its small-town feel, emphasis on community, and good public schools, it’s particularly sought after by growing families. Aubrey is also home to lots of local restaurants and businesses for residents to patronize. With seasonal conditions that are warm and, at times, arid, very specific pest problems can arise throughout the year.
At Mayco Pest and Termite Control, we’re committed to providing Denton County pest control that is built to last. With more than 10 years of experience, there is no pest problem that we can’t solve. All of our programs are customized to the specific needs of our customers and we pride ourselves on always staying up-to-date on the latest and best practices. With a service guarantee, we stand by our work and your safety. To learn more about our offerings, contact us today.
Residential Pest Control In Aubrey
Your Aubrey home deserves the highest quality residential pest control, which is why at Mayco Pest and Termite Control, we are focused on full-service offerings that are customized to your needs. Each potential customer receives a thorough inspection of their property, after which, we discuss your pest control needs in order to create the perfect treatment plan for your home. During this process, we treat the entire interior and exterior of your home as well as place granular treatments and any other methods that it may require. All of our work comes with a satisfaction guarantee and the high standard of service that we’ve become known for. To learn more about our residential pest control offerings, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Aubrey
At Mayco Pest and Termite Control, we know that no two businesses are the same, which is why we treat every property we serve differently. Our commercial pest control programs are customized to the unique needs of our customers. We start by meticulously inspecting your property in order to determine your needs and goals as well as the presence of pests. From there, we’ll work with you to create and implement a thorough treatment that flushes out pests while also preventing them from returning. With more than a decade of experience, we have the knowledge and technological advances to tackle any pest problem that you could face. For more information on our services, contact us today.
Can Essential Oils Keep Mosquitoes Away From My Aubrey Property?
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests that Aubrey residents like yourself can anticipate encountering between the months of April and October. They’re in search of your blood, which the female requires in order to reproduce. There are certain smells that mosquitoes detest, and when they’re diffused in essential oil form, they might provide some relief from mosquitoes. Those include citronella, clove, lavender, basil, rosemary, and eucalyptus. These efforts, however, do not address the root cause of mosquito problems and do not provide the wide spectrum coverage that professional mosquito control from Mayco Pest and Termite Control does.
Upon inspecting your property, we’ll treat all of the nooks and crannies where mosquitoes like to take up shelter and breed. This can include harborage areas, standing water, shaded areas, and other areas with conducive conditions. We’ll also make recommendations for the ways that you can limit mosquitoes by caring for your property as well. For more information on our mosquito control services, contact us today.
All The Problems Rodents Bring To Aubrey Homes
When rodent problems happen in Aubrey homes, they can be extensive and difficult to get rid of. But they’re not as simple as the rodents themselves, many other issues come with them. Some of the problems that rodents pose are:
- Other pests. Rodents are one of the most notorious hosts for parasites like fleas, ticks, and mites, so secondary infestations are never too far behind. They can be harmful to the health of both people and their pets, possibly leading to Lyme disease, tularemia, and murine typhus.
- Property damage. Rats and mice chew incessantly to keep their front teeth from overgrowing and this very commonly leads to ruined furniture, holes in walls, and shredded electrical wiring, which can cause house fires.
- Health risks. Through their droppings, urine, and saliva, rodents can spread bacteria that causes leptospirosis, hantavirus, salmonellosis, and more.
At Mayco Pest and Termite Control, we provide Aubrey residents with safe and effective rodent control. Our offerings are designed to both alleviate the pressures that rodents pose while also preventing them from coming back in the future. To learn more about our rodent control, contact us today.
How Termite Infestations In Aubrey Start
If you are dealing with a termite infestation in your Aubrey home, it is difficult to say how it started without conducting an inspection. However, termite problems typically begin when a colony finds a home with abundant wood or other cellulose-based materials to serve as their food source.
Some termites are attracted to areas with moisture and decaying wood which they will use as entry points, or they might go around your foundation or through cracks in concrete. Subterranean termites favor wood that is in direct contact with soil or mulch, and once they have taken over, they will begin to feed on it, creating tunnels and galleries that can weaken the structure of your property over time. Termites can also enter through plumbing or electrical conduits.
These wood-destroying insects are often present in your soil long before you suspect an infestation. Regular termite inspections and preventive measures, such as treating the ground around the foundation with termiticide, can help prevent infestations from starting in the first place. Call the experts at Mayco Pest and Termite Control to learn more.
Why Roaches In Aubrey Are So Hazardous To Your Health
Having roaches in your Aubrey home can harm your health in several ways. Here are a few:
- Cockroaches can trigger allergies and asthma. Their feces, saliva, and more contain allergens that end up in the air you breathe and can cause problems like upper respiratory conditions. They will often be worse in people with asthma.
- Cockroaches can transmit diseases. Roaches are vectors of pathogens like salmonella and E. coli that can spread all over your food or food prep surfaces and cause food-borne illnesses. While less common, they can also contaminate people by biting or scratching them.
- Cockroaches can negatively impact your mental health. These scavengers can take over quickly and cause stress, anxiety, and more, lowering your quality of life. Cockroach infestations are not easy to deal with!
Roaches can pose significant health hazards, and you must eliminate them swiftly. Keeping your home clean and tidy, sealing up cracks and crevices, and removing food and water sources are not always enough to keep them from settling in.
If they have found a way into your home, don't wait for them to grow their colony. Call us today to get started with cockroach control techniques that will exterminate them safely.
Natural Ant Prevention Tips For Aubrey Homes
Ask about ant control strategies, and you might get advice like using essential oils and spreading salt around your home. While homemade remedies can sometimes reduce the likelihood of pest infestations, there are many strategies you can use that are a lot more effective, including the following:
- Keep your home clean. Ants and many pests, like rodents and cockroaches, are attracted to leftovers and crumbs. Wipe spills, and pick up crumbs quickly before ants can get to them.
- Seal up entry points. Caulk, weatherstripping, and other relatively inexpensive materials can seal gaps or cracks around your home's exterior that allow ants to get indoors.
- Don't leave food outside. Bird seed, pet food, and garbage are all magnets for ants. Store them in airtight containers and keep them clean.
- Consider ant-repelling plants. Some plants like mint and lavender might keep ants away to a certain extent, in addition to professional treatments. Mayco Pest and Termite Control technicians can help you select some for your property.
These natural ant prevention tips are often helpful in keeping ant activity to a minimum. Working with the pros is best for your best chance at having an ant-free home year-round. Call us today to learn more about our highly-rated and effective services.
The Key To Keeping Spiders Out Of Your Aubrey Home
Keeping spiders out of your home can be challenging, especially during peak season in Aubrey. Still, there are several things you can do to increase your odds of enjoying a pest-free home.
First, spiders are attracted to clutter and dust. Keeping your home clean can help keep them away. Pay special attention to low-traffic areas like basements and attics. Also, as with most other types of pests, sealing cracks and gaps in your home and foundation is critical to preventing infestations.
Also, remember that spiders rely on insects as their primary food source. You could take all the precautions possible, but if you have an abundance of insects in your home, they will likely attract spiders at some point. You can speak with a Mayco Pest and Termite Control professional to learn how to eliminate flies, ants, mosquitoes, and other pests that spiders look for.
And finally, we recommend keeping outdoor lights off or switching to yellow or amber-colored bulbs to avoid attracting these unwanted arachnids and keeping plants away from your home, as they can help spiders get indoors.
Spiders are a necessary part of our ecosystem but belong outside and not inside our homes. If you are struggling with an infestation, Mayco Pest and Termite Control can help you safely get rid of spiders.