Do I Need Professional Pest Control In Denton?
March 30, 2023 - Pest Control
Asking if you need professional pest control in Denton for your home or business means you are already on the right track to preventing or managing a pest infestation. Your home is your defense against the outside world; give it the extra protection it needs to keep you and your family safe. Professional pest control builds invisible barriers around your home, effectively sealing pests out.
Gather information about the various intruders in Texas that invade your Denton home, the damages they cause, how not to waste time and money, and why professional pest control with Mayco Pest and Termite Control is the right choice for your home.
The Many Pests Common In Denton
You're most likely already aware of some pests in Denton, even if they haven't invaded your home. There are quite a few, so we'll keep this as brief as possible. Each type of pest has numerous species that look, behave, and act differently.
The most common types of pests to invade your home are:
- Ants have a segmented body with six legs and two antennae and don't grow larger an inch. The colors and behaviors vary based on the species.
- Bed bugs resemble apple seeds before feeding and pomegranate seeds after feeding, only smaller and with six tiny legs.
- Cockroaches are oval-shaped and range from red to brown and tan. They have six legs and two long antennae.
- Mosquitoes are about 1/8 of an inch long and have long, segmented bodies with transparent wings.
- Rodents average five to ten inches long and vary in slight differences in roundness and color based on the species.
- Spiders are arachnids with eight legs, multiple eyes, a set of pincers, and spinnerets.
- Termites darken from a creamy white to a brown/black as they grow to about 1/8 of an inch.
- Wildlife typically includes squirrels, opossums, and raccoons, among other animals.
Almost all pests have the potential ability to damage your home, no matter how small. Please keep in mind that there are pests that are dangerous to your health, and it's not always easy to identify one that's responsible. Seek medical attention if you are bitten or stung by a pest. Professional pest control can help you solve the problem and remove it.
Pest Infestations Can Lead To Health Risks And Property Damage
There's always someone who has to clean up, right? Pests play a crucial role in how well our ecosystem works. Without them, there would be a noticeable gap in the food chain as animals that feed off insects begin to starve. Without insects to feed on decaying matter, the world would be a lot messier than it is. However, a certain balance is required to maintain peace since pests also reap the consequences of their nature.
Here are some problems common pests can cause:
- Ants chew through wood and wires. Some have painful bites or stings, depending on the species.
- Bed bugs feed off blood while sleeping and cause insomnia and anxiety in many.
- Cockroaches spread salmonellosis and dysentery by contaminating food and surfaces.
- Mosquitoes transfer viruses harmful to humans, such as the West Nile virus.
- Rodents carry a plethora of illnesses and cause allergies in children.
- Spiders leave sticky webs around your home and often indicate that you have more than one pest infestation.
- Termites are expensive pests that destroy your home from the inside out.
- Wildlife is less likely to damage your home but will tear up your lawn, yard, or garden.
Pest control is not a chore you want to take on by yourself. You'll only end up regretting wasting so much of your valuable time and energy. Contact a Denton home pest control professional for your pest control needs.
DIY Pest Control Is Often A Waste Of Time And Money
DIY pest control methods may help dispose of the lone pest here and there, but they do little to combat the source or sources of a pest infestation, depending on the severity of the case. Many become resistant to conventional pest control methods as time goes on, so a store-bought product that worked one time often doesn't work again.
Another reason DIY methods fail is that they don't account for eggs hidden around the home. As soon as you feel comfortable in your home again, eggs hatch and begin the cycle anew. Pests are notoriously good at mating, breeding, and reproducing to ensure their species' survival. End the stress and take the advantages that come with professional pest control.
The Advantage Of Professional Pest Control For Your Home
Adding professional pest control to your home will take a huge weight off your shoulders and allow you to sleep easily. At Mayco Pest and Termite Control, we pride ourselves on our ability to handle any pest situation that comes our way. We provide valuable support and customer service to ensure you feel safe, protected, and comfortable living in your home. Contact us to schedule a home inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Denton.