How Can I Prevent Cockroaches From Getting Into My Denton Home?
June 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
When it comes to cockroach prevention, the most effective measure for homeowners is to institute a prevention plan. Cockroaches are among the most resilient creatures on earth, and they can survive all sorts of harsh conditions—including a nuclear bomb! The comfortable environment inside your home, which provides them greater access to food, water, and warm shelter, will give roaches a reason to stick around.
It’s challenging for homeowners to get rid of a cockroach infestation on their own. The only way to eradicate cockroaches is with help from pest control in Denton.
Read on to learn about the types of cockroaches in Denton and how cockroaches get into Denton homes. We’ll also offer six tips on how to prevent cockroaches and a few key reasons why professional cockroach treatment is worth it.
What Types Of Cockroaches Live In Denton?
Several types of cockroaches live in Denton and may pose a problem in your home.
Two of the most common types of cockroaches here are the:
- German cockroach
- American cockroach
American cockroaches are the largest cockroach species in the United States. German cockroaches are much smaller than American roaches, but they are the most likely to infest Denton homes.
How Do Roaches Get Into Denton Homes?
If you’re noticing signs of cockroaches in your home, you’re probably wondering how these pests are getting inside. There are a few ways that cockroaches typically find their way indoors, which include:
- On backpacks, purses, bags, suitcases, boxes, and other apparatuses used to store and transport items
- Through cracks in window and door frames and to exterior-facing walls
- Through pipes and drains
Cockroaches may also enter by simply walking in or under the front door. It’s common for roaches and other pests to sneak indoors underneath door gaps.
How Can I Prevent Roaches From Getting Inside?
Cockroaches are among the most challenging pests Denton homeowners face, and prevention efforts are futile without help from skilled pest control technicians. However, implementing a few changes will help cockroaches, and other pests get out—and stay out.
- Contact your local pest controller. Pest controllers can provide you with a pest management program to ensure that cockroaches and other problematic “visitors” stay away year-round and protect your home and property from their return.
- Repair damage to the foundation and exterior-facing walls.
- Replace ripped window and door screens.
- Use antibacterial products to clean food preparation and storage areas, and clean immediately after meals to ensure no crumbs are left behind.
- Properly store food. Keep fresh food in the refrigerator and pantry items in lidded, airtight containers. Don’t leave out pet food overnight.
- Regularly remove the trash. Keep garbage in a lidded container, store it out of the home if possible, and avoid buildup.
By following the six tips above, you’ll be on your way to preventing cockroaches and other pests from returning to your home.
Why Professional Cockroach Treatment Is Worth It
If you’re wondering whether cockroach treatment for your home is worth it, the answer is an outstanding yes.
Cockroaches carry disease-causing bacteria that can make you sick. When they trek through your home, they distribute bacteria. They also infest your home with their waste and unhygienic lifestyle behaviors. Handling these pests on your own can expose you to these harmful pathogens. Instead, leave it to the folks at Mayco Pest & Termite Control.
Mayco Pest & Termite Control is a local, family-owned pest controller serving Denton residents for nearly 15 years. We pay careful attention to detail and provide specialized, effective service, as well as same-day emergency services if needed.
If cockroaches and other pests are your problems, Mayco Pest & Termite Control can provide safe solutions that are guaranteed.