How To Tell If The Spider In Your Denton, TX Home Is Dangerous
July 30, 2021
Spiders have a lot of traits that make people afraid of them. For example, you can walk into their sticky webs in a flash because they aren’t always clearly visible. These pests have frightening fangs to paralyze prey with venom. If you get bitten by a spider, it will likely be painful. Sometimes, other critical outcomes follow.
Many spider species won’t do any or much harm to you. Others will though. Case in point, the dangerous black widows and brown recluses. Both frequent Denton, TX so it’s best to learn all you can about them. Afterward, you’ll have an understanding of how to defeat them and what Mayco Pest and Termite Control can do to intervene.
What Spiders Are Common in Denton? What Are the Risks?
Once more, black widows and brown recluses are prevalent in the area. Living up to their name, black widow spiders are indeed black. There’s a perceptible shine to their skin. The smallest these pests will be is 0.12 of an inch long. At the largest, males will be 0.39 of an inch, and the females’ cap at 0.51 of an inch. On their abdomens is an hourglass shape that’s bright red. Typically, they’ll be outdoors crawling around in organic matter, grass, and wood. Should they be short on food or encounter unfavorable weather, they’ll run inside your home. The arachnids prefer to be away from humans, so they’ll nestle in dark, low-traffic spaces. Be mindful when going in closets, garages, basements, and similar. Black widow spiders have venom with neurotoxins in it. You could have a general pest problem if you see these bugs; they feed on insects and creatures.
Brown or tan, brown recluse spiders stand up to their title as well. That isn’t the only parallel they have to black widow spiders. The 0.50 of an inch long bugs have a stomach mark too; only it resembles a violin. Pests are what they consume, and they will reside in natural matter. When they violate human dwellings, they’ll also take to dim and quiet rooms. Move slowly through cellars, attics, and sheds. Stretch carefully into cabinets and crawlspaces. It will be hard to capture and kill brown recluses because they sprint quickly on their long, thin legs. They’re tough to eliminate due to their fast reproduction. You’ll have skin lesions, nausea, and fever if you’re bitten.
Additional facts about these two species are:
- You should seek immediate medical attention when you have a bite.
- These spiders are primarily active at night.
- A single sighting verifies an infestation.
- They tend to be in floor corners, and on furniture or firewood.
What Can Be Done to Prevent Denton Spiders?
Do these things to ward off spiders:
- Patch up holes in doors, windows, and foundations.
- Check the condition of door sweeps and screens; replace any that are damaged.
- Have leaks and moisture dysfunctions repaired.
- Use a dehumidifier to regulate warmth.
- Put food and garbage in secure containers.
- Remove any webs you find.
- Dust, sweep and vacuum on a routine basis.
- Lessen all clutter.
- Mow the lawn and trim greenery regularly. Get rid of debris in the yard.
- Sit wood and plants two feet away from the property.
- Inspect storage items and logs prior to using them indoors.
- Contact Mayco Pest and Termite Control if you have critters spiders eat.
What Can Mayco Pest and Termite Control Do About Denton Spiders?
We at Mayco Pest and Termite Control believe in offering comprehensive home pest control and commercial pest control care. You’ll receive interior and exterior treatments designed to eradicate spiders. Our experienced technicians will utilize safe solutions, such as granules, lawn products, and perimeter barriers. Follow-up and recurring visits are available. Call today for a free inspection!