The Best Bed Bug Control For Denton Homes
February 28, 2022 - Bed Bugs
The idea of bugs being in our home can make anyone upset. Our home is where we should feel safe, clean, and comfortable — so when we think of bugs crawling on our counters, chewing through boxes, and nibbling on our food, it feels like there couldn't be anything worse. Unfortunately, there is something worse: bugs in our beds.
Here in Denton, bed bugs are a legitimate concern for both Denton homeowners and other types of residences. These nasty little bed bugs are about the size of lentils, and resemble apple seeds. They love to burrow in things like mattresses (hence their name) and feed on blood, making a sleeping human practically breakfast in bed.
Common Signs Of Bed Bugs In Denton Homes
Bed bug infestations in Denton look similar to how these infestations look everywhere else. Bed bugs can be picked up virtually anywhere there are humans — the airport, public transportation, and hotels — and easily transported back to your home without you knowing. They will then find places to hide, such as the cracks and crevices in your box spring or headboard. Here are some signs you have a bed bug infestation:
- Itchy bumps: If you are waking up with red, itchy bumps that weren’t there when you went to bed, it’s possible you have bed bugs, as they wait to feed on your blood when you are inactive (sleeping).
- Bloodstains: If you are finding bloodstains on your pillow and bedsheets, this is likely from the bed bugs biting you, leaving small bloodstains in the process.
- Dark spots on the sheets: Additionally, if you see other dark, rusty spots on your bedsheets, this is most likely bed bug excrement.
- Eggshells and shed skin: Bed bugs lay their eggs and shed their skin in the places they hide, so if you locate any of these in your box spring, mattress, or headboard, be sure to call Mayco Pest and Termite Control immediately.
- Musty odor: Bed bugs smell pretty musty. An unusual, pungent, musty odor is a sign of bed bugs' presence in your home.
Why Bed Bugs In Denton Keep Coming Back
Unfortunately, bed bugs are one of the most difficult pests to get rid of, especially on your own. Here are some reasons why it seems like the bed bugs keep returning to your Denton home:
- It’s almost impossible to get rid of every bug: In order to permanently remove bed bugs, you must know where each and every bug is located when treating the issue. If even one insect is left, they can continue to reproduce.
- Fast reproduction rates: Bed bugs reproduce very fast. One bed bug left in your home could mean that they continue to reproduce, starting the infestation all over again.
- Treat more than just your bed: Another reason bed bugs don’t seem to go away is because you have to treat more than just your mattress; they can be hiding in at least a dozen other spots, making them very hard to eradicate on your own.
- Bed bugs are very resilient: Much like cockroaches, bed bugs are their own kind of resilient. They are often able to survive the chemicals in store-bought pesticides, rendering your own methods useless.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Denton Home For Good
A quick online search on how to remove bed bugs from your home will pull up endless lists of home DIY removal methods, recommending everything from tea tree oil to baking soda. However, none of these methods actually kills the entire infestation of bed bugs, and some of these methods are actually harmful to humans and pets in the home. At the first sign of a bed bug infestation, the best thing to do is contact Mayco Pest and Termite Control.
Mayco Pest and Termite Control here in Denton is family-owned and -operated, and has been serving Denton residents for a decade. We have expert technicians who understand the behavior and habits of all kinds of pests, especially bed bugs. We have the knowledge and tools to safely and effectively remove bed bugs from your home permanently.
There are tons of projects that come with maintaining a safe home here in Denton, and they can be difficult and time-consuming. Mayco Pest and Termite Control values your dedication to your home and family — let us worry about the pests! Call us for more information about bed bug control in Denton.