The Trick To Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Denton Home
August 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Bed bugs have been around for over 3,300 years and are everywhere, including Denton. These hitchhikers travel by taking rides on suitcases, shoes, clothing, bedding, and used furniture. They inhabit places with large populations of people like hotels and theatres. If you return home from traveling or a large gathering, only to find yourself waking up with red, itchy bites, then you need the best pest control in Denton, Mayco Pest & Termite Control. We will take care of your bed bug problem.
Clear Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
How can you tell if you have bed bugs or if the bites on your arms, legs, or back are from another pest like a mad spider? The following will answer the common question: "how do I know if I have bed bugs?":
- Reddish-brown fecal stains on the walls, mattresses, and upholstery
- Empty shells from bed bug eggs
- Cream-colored eggs
- Exoskeletons of bed bugs
- Musty, sweet odor
- Bed bugs in the mattress folds
Places you can look for signs of bed bugs include behind the headboard, baseboards, around the buttons on mattresses, inside box springs, and picture frames. Bed bugs are in homes, cars, public vehicles, and shelters. To get rid of bed bugs, call the experts at Mayco Pest & Termite Control and let us eliminate the bed bugs in your Denton home.
A Bed Bug Infestation Only Gets Worse With Time
Bed bugs reproduce quickly. A single female bed bug can lay up to five eggs each day and over 540 eggs in her lifetime — and that's just one female bed bug! Suppose there are only five female bed bugs in your house, and each one is laying five eggs a day; you will have 175 new eggs each week. Due to their fast reproduction rate, once bed bugs invade your Denton home, they multiply quickly. Moreover, once an egg hatches, the nymph reaches adulthood in 21 days.
Why Bed Bugs Are So Hard To Prevent
In a recent survey by the National Pest Management Association, 76% of pest control professionals ranked bed bugs as the most difficult pest to eradicate. It is hard to get rid of bed bugs permanently for the following reasons:
- Bed bugs can live in spaces about the width of a credit card.
- Bed bugs live in places ranging from electrical outlets to bedding.
- Bed bugs are hard to kill; you need special equipment to destroy them.
- Bed bug eggs and nymphs are almost impossible to see and easily overlooked.
- Bed bugs live and remain in secluded spaces after feeding for several days before reemerging for another meal.
Another reason bed bugs are hard to prevent is that they feed on blood. If a blood source is nearby (i.e., a human), bed bugs will remain and multiply in the area of their food source.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
If bed bugs infest your house, it doesn't mean you can't get rid of them, but it will require putting up a fight. Here are some tips to kill bed bugs:
- Vacuum the house regularly.
- Wash and dry clothing and bedding in the hottest setting.
- Steam clean upholstery and mattresses at 130?.
- Freeze items at 0? in a sealed bag for four days.
Although these treatments can reduce the number of bed bugs, the only way to get rid of bed bugs fast is to use our licensed pest control professionals at Mayco Pest & Termite Control. Our bed bug experts will apply treatments that destroy the eggs and nymphs. Reach out to us today, and we will solve your bed bug problem.