Expert Pest Management Solutions In Carrollton, TX
If you're curious about Denton, Dallas, or Collin County pest control, we hope to answer many of your questions today. In this short article, we'll cover residential and commercial pest control and examine two common Carrollton pests that are often misunderstood.
Home Pest Control In Carrollton, TX
Basic residential pest control from Mayco Pest & Termite Control provides coverage for common household pests such as roaches, silverfish, crickets, millipedes, pillbugs, earwigs, and most ant species. You also get coverage for fleas, fire ants, and spiders.
Of these three, spiders can be tricky to deal with if there are factors around a home that are difficult to control, such as high insect pressures, outdoor lighting, moisture issues, and organic debris. Our technicians target spiders with a variety of control methods, but this is a constant process and you may still see a few spiders, depending on the conditions around your home.
Overall, the purpose of residential pest control is to manage pests and make pest problems rare. We do this by:
- Routine inspections to catalog pest activity and conducive conditions.
- If paper wasp nests are found, they're knocked down.
- Dewebbing is performed. Spiders don't want to create webs in areas where they may be destroyed.
- Perimeter treatments. These treatments keep pests from getting in through tiny openings in your exterior.
- Granular products. These applications provide long-lasting control as they are activated a little at a time each time it rains.
Commercial Pest Control In Carrollton, TX
When pests get into businesses, there is often zero tolerance. Insects, bugs, and rodents can have a big impact on the health and reputation of a business. At Mayco Pest & Termite Control, we customize our commercial service programs to meet the specific needs of our commercial customers and consider the unique pest challenges in their industries.
For some businesses, commercial pest control looks a lot like residential pest control. We provide a barrier that helps to keep pests out. But in most cases, our commercial customers need unique services that target difficult pests such as flies, stored product pests, or bed bugs. Commercial pest control provides routine service visits, inspections, appropriate treatments, pest maintenance, documentation, evaluations, and more. These services keep your business pest-free and ready for inspections or audits.
If you would like assistance with commercial pest control for your Carrollton business, reach out to us for a consultation. We service many businesses in a wide range of industries. We can guide you toward the right pest plan for your specific needs.
Why Professional Mosquito Control For Your Carrollton Yard Is A Good Idea
Mosquitoes are irritating pests that ruin outdoor fun. They're also potentially hazardous as they have the ability to transmit diseases that impact human health. Professional mosquito control provides the most effective coverage for mosquitoes. Here's why:
- Treatments target mosquito resting sites. When mosquitoes rest (which they do most of the time) they come in contact with a knockdown agent.
- When mosquitoes can't rest in your yard, they can't reproduce in your yard.
- One female mosquito can lay eggs a hundred at a time. If she rests before she starts laying eggs, your mosquito treatments will do more than stop one mosquito.
Our mosquito treatment is effective for about a month. We offer this service on a monthly recurring basis from March through October. This schedule keeps your yard free of mosquitoes throughout the nicest months of the year.
Expert Advice On Tick Control In Carrollton
Are ticks a concern for you? We asked our on-staff experts what works best to prevent tick-borne illnesses. Here's what you need to know:
- It takes hours for disease-causing organisms to transfer from a tick. If you remove a tick in the first 12 hours, you have a high probability of preventing disease. Always check for ticks when you return from being outside.
- When you're outside, you can prevent ticks from getting on you by applying mosquito repellent to your legs. Yup. Mosquito repellent makes ticks fall off.
- If you get routine tick treatments for your yard, you'll keep ticks from living on your property. No ticks, no tick bites.
If you live in Carrollton, Texas, reach out to us here at Mayco Pest & Termite Control for tick treatments and other pest control services. We provide industry-leading solutions and our friendly professionals are looking forward to helping you.
How Carrollton Homeowners Can Tell If They Have Termites
Mother nature continues to throw homeowners curveballs when termites can live within dwellings quietly. Scheduling an annual termite inspection helps uncover termites that are eating away at your property's wood. Window frames, flooring, walls, and stairs can suffer damage if these insects are on the premises. Besides calling the pros for help, learn signs of termite activity that demand a remedy.
Mayco Pest and Termite Control is a dependable company that provides comprehensive termite control in Carrollton. Our technicians are on standby, waiting to inspect your property to pinpoint termites and apply targeted solutions.
Look for signs of active termites on your property throughout the year. Call Mayco Pest and Termite Control to treat your home and remove attractants if you notice the following:
- Your walls sound hollow, have pin-sized holes, and the paint bubbles or swells.
- There is a strange clicking noise coming from behind the walls.
- It's harder to open and close windows and doors with wood framing.
- You see piles of termite frass, sawdust, discarded wings, and insect bodies.
Termites aren't likely to respond to homemade solutions or leave without an incentive. Homeowners need professional products and exclusion to stop these wood-destroying bugs, such as baiting and monitoring or liquid products.
Contact Mayco Pest and Termite Control for a termite inspection and pest control service to thwart colonies.
Why Rodent Problems In Carrollton Call For Professional Attention
Rodents will stop at nothing to get inside your property to eat your food, reproduce, and find hiding places to nest. Property owners are wise to figure out what attractants are making their home or business a target for pests. Rodents will chew holes to get into your home, hide in furniture, and thrive in crawl spaces, cluttered closets, and wall voids. Stop easy access to food, water, and nesting materials and force rodents to take their leave.
Mayco Pest and Termite Control is the best name to call when you need rodent control and residential pest control treatments that work fast. When homeowners have a rodent infestation, they may spread parasites and germs and produce a foul smell.
Removing rodents, their nests, and their offspring is not always safe or easy. The best way to tackle an issue with invading rodents is to schedule recurring visits from professional pest control services.
Property owners may experience pest problems that require the assistance of a pest control technician. Act fast if you have the following issues:
- You frequently hear disturbances from the crawl space, between the walls, or from the attic.
- You find nesting debris, hairs, stains, rodent droppings, or urine around the kitchen and areas where pests travel.
- You notice claw marks on furniture, gnaw marks on food boxes, frayed wires and clothing, and gnawed paper around the house.
Maintain a cleaner, rodent-free property and contact Mayco Pest and Termite Control for rodent control services in Carrollton.
How Are Ants Getting Into My Carrollton Home?
When ants enter your home to raid your kitchen or hang around your bathroom, it's not solely because of poor housekeeping. Your home will always have dark crevices, cracks, holes, or gaps that insects use as entry points. Naturally, ripe or rotting food, open garbage, clutter, sweets, and other attractants make ants want to pay you a visit. The best way to keep ants out is with exclusion techniques and allowing pest control technicians to regularly treat your home to deter these bugs.
Mayco Pest and Termite Control provides ant control by applying pest control treatments that target bugs where they feed, travel, and nest. Homeowners may notice ant mounds around the exterior of their home or sidewalk cracks. Baseboards, doorways, windows, and other areas may allow ants to sneak into your house.
Find ways to caulk, seal, or cover open crevices, gaps, or ventilation to make it harder for ants to enter your property. Wipe up food crumbs, spills, and standing water so ants won't be interested in your kitchen, dining room, or outdoor patio. Regularly throw out garbage and maintain a clean, clutter-free home to deter pests.
When you frequently have ants in your home, it's time to call Mayco Pest and Termite Control for ant control services.
Three Mistakes Carrollton Homeowners Make To Attract Bed Bugs
No homeowner thinks they are doing anything to make their dwelling desirable to pesky bed bugs. However, these parasitic pests only need human blood to survive, and they'll attach themselves to any item that will bring them closer to a human host. Homeowners must be cautious about the things they bring into their homes and the places they travel and always be on the lookout for signs of bed bugs. At the first sign of an issue in your house, it's best to contact the professionals to inspect for bed bugs and apply a swift treatment if you have them.
Mayco Pest and Termite Control is ready to deploy a technician to inspect and administer bed bug control to save your home and health. These insects are nasty because they are excellent at hiding, leave itchy bites, and are hard to eliminate with conventional solutions.
If bed bugs are a problem, find ways to exclude pests and make them less comfortable in your abode. The following mistakes will keep bed bugs around longer than you'd like:
- You fail to cover your mattress and pillows with a bug-proof protector.
- You maintain a cluttered home and rarely vacuum or sweep.
- You don't seal, cover, or otherwise block off crevices and gaps where bugs can hide.
There's no easy way to stop bed bugs without professional products and using exclusion methods. Build barriers to keep these bugs out and have Mayco Pest and Termite Control regularly provide general pest control and custom treatments.
Protect your home from bed bugs, and call Mayco Pest and Termite Control to schedule a visit and bed bug control services.