Trusted Pest Management In Long Island Village, TX
Long Island Village, TX is a wonderful place to call home. We enjoy seaside living at its finest with close access to Port Isabel and South Padre Island. Between the lovely year-round weather, the beautiful parks, and the scenic water views, who wouldn’t want to live in Long Island Village? Well, pests are no exception. These invaders are an ongoing problem for LIV property owners, and that means infestation is a real threat that you cannot ignore. You've come to the right place if you want to protect your home or business from pest infestation.
Mayco Pest & Termite Control provides complete Cameron County pest control that the local community can rely on. With keen attention to detail, our team works hard to bring our customers the best pest services. Our technicians are up to date with all the latest industry advancements, and as one of the most experienced pest control teams in North Texas, we’re proud of the work we do. Using trusted IPM (Integrated Pest Management) solutions, we offer complete pest protection to homes and businesses throughout Long Island Village and the surrounding areas. Call us today to get your free estimate and inspection.
Home Pest Control In Long Island Village, TX
If you’re looking for year-round protection from household pest infestation, we’re here to help. We cover local homeowners from all kinds of common area invaders, such as bed bugs, termites, mosquitoes, rodents, spiders, and ants. Our residential pest control treatments include:
- Treating all rooms, entry points, and hiding areas
- Flushing out active areas
- Treating underneath furniture, behind appliances, doors, windows, baseboards, plumbing voids, and under sinks
- Performing liquid and dusting treatments
- Sweeping eaves to remove webs and nests
- Treating around doors, windows, and foundation
- Performing granular lawn perimeter treatment eight feet from the house
- Doing landscaping, mulch beds, and yard mound services
We’ve serviced over 500 homes in the area, and we offer a customized approach to meet your needs. We tackle the infestation at its source and bring you lasting, pest-free restyles that are completely guaranteed. We also offer emergency and same-day pest services for your comfort and convenience. Call us today to learn more.
Commercial Pest Control In Long Island Village, TX
If you want to protect your business from pests, we’re here to help you. The team at Mayco Pest & Termite Control has worked with over 200 local businesses in the area, protecting all kinds of facilities from the threat of commercial infestation. Some of the properties we’ve serviced include apartment complexes, bakeries, daycares, nursing homes, dental offices, and warehouses. We tailor-make all of our commercial pest control treatments to fit customer needs. Reach out to set up your initial inspection.
Four No-Sweat Mosquito Prevention Tips For Long Island Village Properties
Mosquitoes lay their eggs in sources of standing water, and when you think about all the sources of standing water around your home, it’s no wonder why you may be experiencing a mosquito problem. To protect yourself from mosquitoes, it’s important to take preventative measures to avoid them. Here are four no-sweat mosquito prevention tips for Long Island Village properties:
- Eliminate any sources of standing water like tires, buckets, toys, bowls, etc.
- Install window and door screens, or repair damaged ones.
- Maintain well-trimmed landscaping and a frequently cut lawn.
- Wear insect repellent and permethrin-treated clothing when outside.
While it’s great to be proactive, the most reliable protection from mosquito activity is still professional pest protection. Call Mayco Pest & Termite Control for complete mosquito control and prevention services. We've got your back.
Everything Long Island Village Homeowners Need To Know About Rodent Infestations
Rodents are disconcerting to see, but more importantly, they pose some very serious risks. As a local property owner, it’s a good idea to know what you’re up against. Here’s everything Long Island Village homeowners need to know about rodent infestation:
- Rodents feed on garbage and pick up bacteria and pathogens from the decaying matter that they eat. They then crawl around and leave feces and urine wherever they go, contaminating the surfaces of your home. They can also bite, which is not only painful but can be harmful to your health. Between the contamination and the bites, rodents are capable of spreading serious diseases.
- Rodents spend a lot of time in wall voids, chewing on the construction of your home. They chew through whatever their teeth will allow them to, and one of these things is electrical wiring. When rodents chew on wires, they put you, your loved ones, and your house at risk of catching fire.
- Rodents breed at such a high rate that a small-scale infestation can turn into a full-blown nightmare very quickly. These tiny rodents can fit into the smallest openings, gaining entry into your home easily and sneakily. Once they disperse from the initial area of infestation, they can go on to reproduce in other areas throughout the house.
Reach out to the team at Mayco Pest & Termite Control for professional rodent control services that you can depend on all year long.
What Should I Do About The Ant Hills Around My Long Island Village Yard?
Do you see anthills all around your yard in Long Island Village? If so, there are plenty of things you can do to mitigate the issue. The first thing you should do is to call our local team of experts here at Mayco Pest Control to schedule an ant control service.
After we take care of the ants, implement the following preventative tips to stop future infestations from occurring:
- Address areas of high moisture on your property, including leaks.
- Seal cracks, gaps, and crevices where ants could enter your home.
- Clean up crumbs and spills and clean dirty dishes immediately.
- Store food and trash properly and dispose of waste quickly.
- Keep firewood, tree branches, and vegetation cut back from your house.
By following these tips, you can stop an ant infestation in Long Island Village before it has the chance to manifest. If they happen to be stubbornly drawn to your property and come back to bother you again, you can always call on our local experts to take care of the problem.
Call Mayco Pest Control anytime you need professional assistance with these annoying little pests.
Should I Be Worried About Bed Bugs In Long Island Village?
If you're dealing with bed bugs in Long Island Village, there's plenty to worry about. While these pests aren't particularly harmful in any way, their rapid reproduction rate is a serious concern for property owners. They can take over entire properties in record time and be incredibly difficult to get rid of.
If you end up with a bed bug infestation, you'll definitely need professional help to handle the problem efficiently and effectively. Until you resolve the issue, you're probably going to be dealing with sleep loss and anxiety, knowing they'll soon be biting you while you rest.
In order to get your sleep cycle back on track, it's imperative to give us a call as soon as you see signs of bed bugs around your property. Contact Mayco Pest Control if you notice any of the following signs:
- Reddish-brown fecal spots
- Eggs, eggshells, and molted skins
- A musty odor
- Bed bug bites in clusters or lines of small, red, itchy welts
As soon as you call, we'll be out for the thorough and effective bed bug control service you need to restore your Long Island Village property to a bed-bug-free state. You can count on us to take care of the issue so you can get back to getting those eight hours of sleep you need in order to thrive.
Five Warning Signs Of Termite Activity In Long Island Village
If there is termite activity on your property in Long Island Village, you'll be able to tell if you notice some signs that give away their presence. Let's take a look at five common warning signs that signal you have a termite infestation:
- Seeing termite swarmers
- Finding shed termite swarmer wings (usually around windows)
- Seeing termite frass (sawdust-looking feces)
- Seeing small round holes in wood or mud tubes on your foundation walls
- Finding soft or hollow-sounding wood, bubbling or uneven paint, or blistered or darkened wooden structures
No matter what type of termite you're dealing with, you'll see at least one of these signs if you're looking. As soon as you notice any of these indications, give us a call to schedule a professional termite inspection so the termites won't have a chance to cause the extensive and expensive damage they're capable of.
How To Avoid Cockroach Activity Around Your Long Island Village Home
Cockroaches are considered creepy by most for a reason. In addition to their unsightly appearance, they present serious health concerns for the people on your property.
If you are dealing with cockroaches in Long Island Village, their saliva, urine, and droppings can cause asthma attacks and allergic reactions. Cockroaches can also spread bacteria and other pathogens, as well as a variety of diseases that you should never have to deal with.
In order to effectively avoid cockroach activity on your residential property, take advantage of these simple cockroach prevention tips:
- Seal cracks and crevices around your property.
- Install mesh screens over drains and vents.
- Keep your home as clean and tidy as possible.
- Store trash properly and keep receptacles as clean as possible.
- Address areas of high moisture and any leaks on your property.
- Don't leave food or pet food unattended for long periods of time.
These prevention strategies can make a meaningful difference when attempting to stop a cockroach infestation from occurring! Don't let these creepy little critters contaminate the home; reach out to our team of local experts for professional assistance. We'll ensure every last one is taken care of instead.
Call Mayco Pest Control and schedule your appointment for cockroach control in Long Island Village today.